Wrinkles, fine lines, sagging facial contour, bags under the eyes… Between age and stress, our skin loses its elasticity. Beyond using an adapted and effective skincare routine, you can practice the “facial gym” to help your skin regain its elasticity… But what exercises to practice for a more toned skin? We tell you everything!
The facial gym: what for?
Our face, like the rest of our body, is partly made up of muscles. If your skin sags over time, it’s not the only one! Facial gym, or facial gym, is a technique that involves performing exercises to firm your skin, just like you would for your belly or thighs. Different exercises can erase wrinkles and fine lines or fight against sagging skin, in the face and neck. By stimulating micro-circulation, these gestures will boost the production of collagen in your skin and elastin, a protein that provides elasticity to your skin.
Facial gym: what are the areas to work on?
- folds of bitterness : these are the folds that form at the corner of the lips to the chin, they give an austere appearance to your face, hence their name;
- Crow’s feet: these are the small wrinkles that appear at the outer corner of the eye;
- The Lion’s Wrinkle: This is the wrinkle above your nose, just between the two eyebrows;
- The double chin: it is a mass of subcutaneous fat just below the jaw, which can be accentuated by a loosening of the skin of the neck;
- The nasolabial folds: These are the folds that go from the nostrils to the lips, hollowing with age, they give the impression of a tired and marked face;
- Text message wrinkles: Also called the “necklace of Venus”, text message wrinkles are thin horizontal lines at the neck. They get their name because of the accentuation caused by the appearance of mobile phones and the position in which you stand by regularly checking your phone, downwards.
Which exercise for which area?
You can practice facial gym at any time of the day. However, as it requires marked movements, make sure you are quiet and isolated! In the morning, before applying your day cream or in the evening before going to bed, it is you who choose… Discover our localized exercises for more toned skin!
Mitigate a double chin
- Stick out your tongue as you would at the doctor’s office, downwards;
- Then try touching your nose with your tongue;
- Make a dozen round trips;
- Grit your teeth and smile as widely as possible;
- Release and then repeat about ten times.
Reducing the lion’s wrinkle
- Massage your eyebrows from the center to the temples with your thumbs;
- Then return from the temples to the starting point, always pressing with your thumbs;
- Make a dozen round trips.
Plump the lips
This exercise helps to reduce the nasolabial folds as well as the folds of bitterness. By plumping your lips, your skin will be more toned around the entire contour of your mouth. It is ideal in the list of exercises for a more toned skin!
- Say the letters “U” and “O” by exaggerating the movements of your mouth. For more discretion, you can do it silently!
- Switch between letters for at least 30 seconds.
Reduce dark circles and swollen eyes
- Perform gentle pressure with your fingers, starting from the inner hollow of the eye, to the outer corner, following the path of your eyebrows;
- You can make circular movements to stimulate the circulation of lymph in the eyes;
- Proceed in the same way below the eyes;
- Repeat this sequence several times.
Muscle the jaw
- Open your mouth as much as possible;
- Place your index fingers on your lower molars;
- Try to close your mouth by trying to hold your jaw with your fingers;
- Practice for 1 to 2 minutes.
Tone the neck
- Raise your head and look at the ceiling, keeping your back straight;
- Open and close your mouth;
- Repeat ces movements for 1 minute.
Tone the entire face
As we have seen for the mouth, performing pronunciation movements helps to firm the skin of your face. For an exercise that acts on the entire face, do the following:
- Open your mouth wide for a beautiful ” Has » ;
- Close your mouth;
- Go to the letter ” E » ;
- Close your mouth;
- Go to the letter ” I “, without opening your mouth;
- Bring your mouth back to its natural position;
- Go to the letter ” O “, try to bring the corners of your lips as close as possible to each other;
- Relax your face;
- Go to the letter ” U ” taking care to tilt your head back slightly to stretch the skin of your neck.