Daniela Liverain is a 24-year old Scottish girl who recently got in the news for a bizarre reason. Daniela’s passion is travelling – she has visited different parts of the world, and decided to visit Southeast Asia with only a backpack on her back a while ago. However, besides the great memories, she also brought back a stowaway at home.
While she was in Vietnam, Daniela fell off a motorbike, luckily without any serious injuries. However, she did start getting nosebleeds soon after, although she didn’t let them ruin her adventure. When back home, the nosebleeds became worse. She could feel something in her nose and mouth, a sticky mass touching her lips after taking a shower one day. Worried, she checked herself in the mirror and was shocked by the sight – there was a sticky and veiny mass protruding from her nose which only mean one thing – some kind of creature was living in her body!
Shocked, Daniela went to the hospital, where doctors were able to remove the creature. However, it put up a lot of resistance which made the process painful. The parasite was sucking blood from Daniela’s body, which may have had terrible consequences if not removed on time. The doctors think that it entered Daniela’s body through a water source, and had been living in her for weeks. At the moment of removal, the parasite was 3 inches long!
If not removed, the parasite could have gone to Daniela’s brain and start feeding on it, which can have fatal consequences. Daniela’s story sent shivers down the spine in thousands of people around the world. It’s impossible not to be a bit queasy about a creature that lives inside your body undetected and feeds on your blood and tissue. The parasite could have killed this girl, which is why you need to be extra careful when travelling around the world, as even microscopic creatures can be deadly.