Knowing how many times you peed today may not seem like an important thing, but it actually is! Counting the number of times you went to the bathroom can help you learn how dehydrated you are.
How often should we pee?
Although there’s no definitive number of times you can pee, people go to the bathroom 4 times on average, with a maximum of 7 trips to the loo reported. But, don’t worry if you pee more than 7 times a day – there are different factors which influence the frequency of urination such as the level of hydration and the way you’re hydrating your body.
Drinking too much water will make you pee more often, as will excessive amounts of coffee, alcohol and other so-called bladder irritants. People with sensitive bladders can also expect to pee even at the slightest urge.
Peeing too often – is this a thing?
Yes, it is. Peeing more than 11 times a day is considered a problem and is a sign of overactive bladder. This means that your bladder is constricting excessively which results in frequent urination. According to Dr. Neil Grafstein, assistant professor of urology at the Mount Sinai’s Hospital’s NYC, we can train our bladder in order to avoid this problem.
- Contrary to popular belief, holding your pee isn’t bad unless it hurts;
- Holding your pee can, however, increase the risk of infections;
- The normal color of pee is light yellow;
- Some foods can change its color – blackberries make it pink;
- Pee is 95% water;
- Eating asparagus can make your pee smell bad;
- If your pee smells sweet, it could be a sign of diabetes;
- The average pee stream lasts 7 seconds, and becomes weaker as we age;
- We also pee more as we age.
Source : www.myhealthytraining.com