Whether it is to fill a dietary deficiency or to strengthen immunity, dietary supplements meet a wide variety of needs. To achieve the desired effect and not take risks with your health, various selection criteria must govern their choice.
Why take food supplements?
As its name suggests, a dietary supplement is a product whose consumption is intended to supplement the traditional diet. Rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins, dietary supplements help to stay healthy and prevent the onset of certain pathologies. To be fully effective, they must be taken under satisfactory conditions and as part of a healthy lifestyle. Resorting to dietary supplementation also involves choosing your products carefully. To do this, go to Conua. Expert in nutraceuticals, the brand offers since 2003 food supplements manufactured in France and in the purest respect of the European standards in force.
The importance of labelling in the choice of a dietary supplement
Before setting your sights on a dietary supplement, it is essential to carefully read the label on the packaging. If it complies with French regulations, it must provide you with several essential information, including:
- the recommended daily dose and instructions for use;
- the name and content of all components;
- the geographical origin of the product;
- precautions for use;
- the dosage form: capsule, powder, etc.
If in doubt, especially if there is a risk of drug interactions, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Check product quality
In order to be reassured about the quality of a dietary supplement, be vigilant to the following:
- The composition: check in particular the possible presence of allergens, additives or any other controversial substance.
- The content of active ingredients: this is the element that determines the effectiveness of the food supplement. The term standardization present on some labels indicates that the concentration of active ingredients is similar for all products in the range.
- The geographical origin of the dietary supplement: preferably buy products made in France that are subject to strict controls. Their development and marketing also comply with strict regulations.
- The naturalness of the product: the mention “natural origin” certifies that the active components used in the design of the product come from nature. For more quality, choose certified organic products.
Choose a dietary supplement according to your needs
Faced with the wide variety of dietary supplements offered on the market (probiotics, vitamins, etc.), it is crucial to choose a product according to the targeted effect. Thus, dietary supplements called antioxidants help to strengthen the protection of the body’s cells against the harmful effects of oxidative stress. You can also take dietary supplements based on:
- manganese and queen of the near for joint comfort;
- guarana to accelerate weight loss;
- magnesium to combat stress and fatigue;
- ginkgo biloba to promote concentration and nervous balance;
- fennel to support digestive activity.
From the composition to the expected effect, through the precautions for use, different points must focus your attention when choosing a dietary supplement.