Scientists have been able to discover that nettle leaves can cure your prostate and treat diabetes as well. Although not many people are aware of it, nettle leaves have numerous medicinal properties and can treat a variety of ailments such as diabetes and hay fever. Nettle is unrightfully demonized due to its stinging properties, but it shouldn’t be considered a weed as it offers various health benefits.
According to Dr. Andrew Weil, there’s nothing more effective against allergies as nettle. His claims have been confirmed by further studies done at the National School of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, which have found that nettle can work better against allergies than most antihistamines and decongestants.
The conventional medications we use against allergies do nothing more than just treat the symptoms – they have never been able to resolve the underlying problem for the allergy. Luckily, nettle leaves can deal with this condition effectively and without any adverse side-effects.
To prepare nettle tea, add a tablespoon of nettle leaves in a cup of hot water, then cover the cup and let it steep for 5 minutes before straining it. Drink a few cups of nettle tea every day or add nettle leaves in your meals and salads in order to benefit from the plant.
Nettle leaves can also be applied topically against skin injuries, burns and various skin problems as well. Here are some of the main nettle health benefits:
- Cleans the blood of toxins;
- Fights bacteria;
- Treats the symptoms of rheumatism and gout;
- Boosts the production of milk;
- Nettle is a powerful diuretic that can clean waste from the body;
- Fights kidney and urinary tract infections;
- Improves circulation;
- Eliminates accumulated mucus in the lungs;
- Fights hemorrhoids;
- Treats anemia;
- Fights dandruff and hair loss;
- Regulates the blood sugar levels;
- Is a powerful antihistamine;
- Strengthens your hair and nails;
- Improves the health and function of the kidneys.
Now that you know how beneficial it is, we’re sure you’ll include nettle in your diet.
Source : naturalremediesforlonglife.com