by admin · January 17, 2015
Abnormal Urine Colors
Sometimes your urine will take a change completely from light yellow to amber gold color chart. Here are several possible urine colors you might be seeing and what they mean:
- Green or blue urine:this is usually caused by something you ate or drunk. Certain beverages, medications and foods have the ability to make your urine green or blue, especially if they contain a blue dye. Asparagus can affect your urine’s odorand make your urine appear greener.
- Red or pink urine:these color changes in your urine can be caused by certain foods that are naturally red. Some prescription drugs and laxatives can also be the cause of red urine. In some cases, blood in your urine stream can be a sign of a medical condition like an bladder stones, kidney cancer or enlarged prostate.
- Murky urine: this can be a sign of kidney stones or a urinary tract infection (UTI). For men, semen left in the urinary tract can also cause urine to be murky or cloudy.
- Orange urine:certain medications with dyes, rhubarb, blackberries and beets can cause the urine to be orange. Medical issues that can cause orange urine include dehydration and jaundice.
- Foamy urine:does not affect the color or your urine. But, it accompanies it at certain times, which can be considered alarming. Excessive foam in your urine is typically a sign of ingesting too much protein.
Seeking Medical Attention
Usually a drastic change in urine color is caused by something you ate or drunk. Take notes of the color changes, and record when and how often they occur. If you can rule out medication or food as possible causes for your change in urine color, contact your physician as soon as possible. Also consider any other possible symptoms you may be experiencing that are related to a major health issue:
- Are you urinating only small amounts at a time?
- Are you leaking or dribbling urine uncontrollably?
- Are you urinating more frequently than usual?
- Is urination painful for you?
- Are you producing more urine than usual?
- Are you having trouble urinating? Has urinating become more infrequent than usual?
- Do you wake up frequently at night to urinate?
Well the panic, is not the best thing to do at the signs of abnormal urine color, but you must not ignore it also. Consult a physician and ensure youself that you are not suffering from any serious disease. Notify your doctor immediately, if a change in urine color is accompanied by any of the above symptoms.
Source : www.healthy-holistic-living.com