Most of the people are throwing away the watermelon seeds, and rarely someone is eating them for better digestive system. When you are eating them whole, they are just passing through the digestive tract and mechanically ease the food digestion, so many of their beneficial characteristics are unused.
If you intend to fully use their benefits, you need to cook, pulverize or roast the watermelon seeds. The watermelons are including fiber which is vital for normal digestion and effective treatment of intestinal parasites, inflammations and jaundice. Citrulline is also included in these seeds, which is an organic ingredient with antioxidant characteristics. It widens the blood vessels, which helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis, increased blood pressure and angina pectoris.
At the beginning of the 20th century, several American scientists stated that watermelon seeds are effective for treating kidney diseases and urinary infections.
They proved that the watermelon seed tea is powerful diuretic and it is advised for patients who are facing any stones in the kidneys and urinary tract.
This is the recipe recommended by the scientists:
- Crush and pulverize 4 tablespoons of fresh watermelon seeds.
- Cook the seeds in 67 oz/2l of water up to 15 minutes.
- This amount of tea will be enough for two days, and drink it in even doses.
- Make a break at the third day.
- Iterate the same procedure for a several weeks, following the same directions.
- Drink two days and pause on the third.
Source : www.healthyfoodhouse.com