Do the light bulbs in your home consume too much electricity? Reduce your electricity bill in summer and winterAdditional ingenious tips to limit electricity consumption
Apply these tips every two weeks and you will see for yourself the difference!
Do the light bulbs in your home consume too much electricity?
Professionals can confirm this observation: a bulb in poor condition can lose a lot of its brightness.
By cleaning your luminaires, you will then be able to use lower wattage bulbs and save money so on your electricity consumption !
Reduce your electricity bill in summer and winter
Here are our tips for reduce electricity costs during the winter period :
- Turn on the heater only for rooms you use frequently.
- During the mornings and afternoons, open your curtains to let in daylight instead of turning on your bulbs.
- If your ceiling fan has an inverter switch, use it to spread hot air into the bedroom or room.
- Some people take long showers to warm up. Don’t commit this mistake that will cost you more money and opt for a quick shower.
- When you’re not using your TV, PC, or console, unplug them instead of turning them off.
You can also take certain actions to reduce your electricity consumption during the summer period:
- Use fans instead of turning on the air conditioner.
- If you feel that the outside temperature is decreasing, consider opening the windows or doors on opposite sides of the room.
- Use the dishwasher or washing machine when it is cooler. Low temperatures are generally effective. Indeed 80% of energy consumed by a washing machine or dishwasher allows to heat the water. As a result, washing at 30 °C requires 3 times less energy than washing at 90 °C.
- If your home is equipped with a swimming pool, buy a more energy-efficient pump, namely: double, multicellular or variable speed.
- If you have gas or electric heating for your pool, switch to solar as soon as possible or choose a heat pump.
Other ingenious tricks to limit electricity consumption
Discover other methods to optimize your electricity consumption
Keep your fridge and freezer full
Spent a lot to fill your fridge and freezer last week? It doesn’t matter since it will save you money on your electricity bill. Indeed food acts as an insulator. Therefore, the refrigerator should not consume too much energy and time, to stay cold.
Dry your laundry on a rope
To reduce your electricity bills, install a clothesline in your garden and let the sun’s rays dry your laundry. If temperatures do not allow it, hang the laundry on a clothes rack or shower bar.
Eliminate phantom loads
Did you know that much of the energy used by household electronic devices is consumed when they are turned off ? Phantom charges come from TVs, stereos, PCs, and many other household appliances. So have the reflex to connect these devices to power strips and turn them off between each use.