Benefits of remote care
Remote assistance for seniors is more than ever a hot topic! Also called remote alarm, this remote assistance service is one of the tricks to promote home support for the elderly. It is indeed a device to be worn around the neck or wrist, and which allows you to launch an alert call to a listening center available 24 hours a day, at the touch of a button. Quickly, a professional responds to the call, analyzes the situation and calls in the appropriate emergency services according to the need.
The interest of remote assistance in home care is no longer to be proven! We remind you of the main advantages:
- A safety device! Remote assistance reassures the elderly person and their family. The dependent person can contact the helpline in case of health problems and receive immediate help. This is a great way to break the isolation of vulnerable people.
- The equipment is easy to use. Just press a button to trigger a call for help from any room in the house (bedroom, living room, bathroom, garden …)
- Remote assistance avoids unnecessary interventions and hospitalizations. The exchange with the listening centre operator determines the follow-up to be given according to the situation and its severity.
- An accessible solution : Although the cost of remote assistance differs from one operator to another, it can be covered under the APA (Personalized Autonomy Allowance) and the PCH (Disability Compensation Benefit)
- Home devices have made aesthetic progress. Unattractive in the past, these accessories are now much more elegant.
Remote support features
Teleassistance is a help and support service for fragile people. The device makes it possible to alert a listening center in the event of an accident, malaise or fall. The senior presses a button placed on a bracelet, a watch, a pendant… and contacts a teleoperator directly.
This remote alarm solution consists of:
- Fixed transmitter box installed at the beneficiary’s home.
- Transmitter worn permanently by the elderly person on the neck or wrist.
At the same time as the needs of seniors, remote assistance is evolving! Many technologies have emerged lately! Remote assistance systems are now equipped with different types of detectors:
- Detectors who send an alert in case of a fall or violent shock.
- Detectors inactivity or life, which trigger an alert when no movement occurs.
- Detectors gas, smoke and carbon monoxide.
24-hour security and support thanks to remote assistance
Remote assistance guarantees the safety of the elderly at all times. The device allows for a 24/7 listening centre operator to assist in managing the emergency situation in the event of an incident. The senior is therefore monitored and assisted all the time. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the plant warns relatives or requests a rescue intervention.
Thanks to this system, the elderly are protected on a daily basis and enjoy a more serene old age at home. The family, for its part, is reassured to know that the elderly and dependent parent can benefit from rapid help in case of need.
Remote medical monitoring with remote assistance
The remote alarm breaks the barrier of distance! This solution avoids unnecessary travel and interventions by emergency services and medical teams without taking their eyes off the elderly person. It is constantly monitored.
The listening center has access to all information (health history, contact persons …) previously registered on the senior’s file. If the elderly person does not respond, the intervention of the rescue teams is immediately triggered.
As part of remote medical monitoring, a device can be installed in the home of the dependent elderly person. These are sensor devices (electroc)ardiogram, blood pressure monitor…) to collect data on the state of health of seniors and transfer them to the attending physician. The recording of this information is either automatic or done by the patient or by the paramedical staff accompanying the elderly patient.