When our skin is harmed the body protects and repairs the wound with a fibrous tissue also known as scar tissue. This results with a creation of a scar.
A scar can appear because of many reasons, like: accidents, acne, insect bites, scrapes, burns, piercings, chickenpox, surgical cuts and vaccinations.
The form and size of scars can be different and sometimes it can leave negative effect on the individual’s appearance and self-respect.
The human body has the ability to handle the scars so they become less visible as time passes. But there are some home remedies that can boost the healing. The scar removal remedies concentrate on the support of efficient cell growth, reducing the scar tissue and forming healthy skin. Anyway, keep in mind that there aren’t any methods that can remove the scar completely. Every remedy or treatment can make it less noticeable. Make sure you cleaned the place well enough before using any home remedy.
You will need to be patient and use these remedies continually, because it may take some time depending from the shape, size and type of the scar. You should know that not every remedy will be effective for everyone.
The following 10 home remedies for scar removal are considered as most effective:
Because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, Aloe Vera has been used as a scar removal remedy for long time. It acts as a natural emollient to assist repair harmed skin and stimulate growth of healthy skin and in the same time improving the skin texture. Here is how to use it:
- Strip off the external green cover off the Aloe Vera leaf and draw-out the gel-like substance.
- Put the gel on your scar and massage it with rounded motions.
- Leave it to stay for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Treat your scar with Aloe Vera twice a day.
Note: You mustn’t treat open wounds with Aloe Vera.
Coconut oil can be very useful in treating and fading scars. It includes vitamin E, an antioxidant, which speeds up the curing time and keeps you safe from creation of new scars. In addition, the lauric, caprylic and capric acids included in coconut oil enhance the creation of collagen, reverse free-radical damage and provide curing of harmed skin.
- Apply some extra-virgin coconut oil on a heat until it becomes liquid.
- Apply the warm oil on your palms and massage the scar for 5-10 minutes.
- After the massage leave the olive oil to stay for 1 hour, because the skin needs to absorb it.
- In order to have the best results, iterate this process 2-4 times in a day.
- Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oil is a powerful antioxidant that can help in withering away the scars. It moisturizers and hydrates the skin, mends harmed tissue and improves the appearance of scars.
- Draw out the oil from some vitamin E capsules.
- Apply the oil on the scar and massage it easily for 10 minutes
- Leave it to stay for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Iterate this process few times in a day.
Note: Some people are allergic to vitamin E oil, so you should make a test on your skin with small amount of oil before using it.
Olive oil is very effective natural scar removal remedy. It include vitamin E and maintains the skin smooth, soft and moisturized which on the other hand stimulates the curing of harmed skin. In order to have the best results you should use extra-virgin olive oil.
- Warm the extra-virgin olive oil and smear it on the scar and massage with rounded motions. Leave it to work for half an hour and then wipe it off with a clean towel, or leave it to stay through the night.
- You can mix the olive oil with a little bit of lavender oil, and smear the mixture on the scar and massage easy for several minutes. Leave it to stay for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Iterate one of these remedies at least few times daily until you have the results you need.
The alpha hydroxyl acids contained in lemons have curing characteristics and are useful in treating all kinds of scars. Lemon is very helpful in eliminating the dead skin cells, improve flexibility and stimulate the growth of new skin cells. The vitamin C included in lemon is able to regenerate and repair harmed skin. The bleaching property of the lemons can be found useful in fading the scars.
- Squeeze lemon juice and put it on your scar. In case your skin is sensitive to lemon acid, you can add even amount of rose water or vitamin E oil in the lemon juice before applying it on the scar.
- Leave it to work for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Do this process once in a day until you have the desired results.
Note: Don’t expose on the sun while doing this treatment because the lemon is making your skin photosensitive. If you must go outside, use sunscreen.