3 main advantages of taking out health insurance?
Purchasing health insurance not only benefits you, but also your entire family. It is then necessary to contract the right form of health insurance to benefit from the best possible protection.
1. Benefit from additional reimbursement for routine care
The social security system reimburses a large part of your usual health costs such as examinations, consultations and hospitalizations. However, very often, it covers only part of the cost of care, ie 70% of the total amount. What remains at your expense is called a “copayment moderator”.
In the case of consultations without exceeding fees, it is the health insurance that takes care of the reimbursement of this ticket. In doing so, the insured is left only with the obligatory charge of a flat-rate contribution of 1 euro, for consultations or for medication. Excess fees charged by certain general practitioners or specialists may also be covered by health insurance.
2. Enjoy 100% reimbursement in optical health, dental prostheses and audiology
These three types of care are generally very expensive. With your health insurance, you have the option of buying glasses, dentures or a hearing aid. Expenses in this context are covered in full through joint reimbursement by social security and health insurance.
All you have to do is choose your option in the 100% health basket, which opticians, dentists and audioprosthetists will necessarily offer you. And all this is possible by taking out health insurance.
3. Ensure the management of soft and alternative medicine
Osteopathy sessions and other therapies important for your health remain until then not reimbursed by social security. On the other hand, health insurance companies offer to cover them, according to a flat rate and within the limit of a defined number of sessions per year.
The advantage of health insurance is its flexibility. Unlike the social security system, which works the same way for everyone, health insurance offers a wide variety of formulas that adapt to all the profiles of the insured.
Some practical tips for choosing the right health insurance
- Fix his needs according to health expenses.
- Compare the offers of several insurance companies in order to choose the contract that suits you best.
- Pay attention to care not covered by social security.
- Avoid contracts requiring a medical questionnaire.
- Estimate your current health coverage.
- Judge the guarantees and services offered in the contract.
- Prefer contracts with transparency on reimbursements.
- Pay attention to repayment periods and waiting periods.