by admin · June 1, 2015
Food poisoning is caused by food that has bacteria as salmonella, E. coli or some types of viruses. The warm period that follows is especially risky, so it is worth knowing all the measures to prevent and alleviate the situation.
The most important thing is to know how to recognize the symptoms of food poisoning and what to do when it occur.
Symptoms can range from abdominal pain that quickly goes to very serious symptoms such as:
- Stomach pain
How to treat yourself if you have these symptoms:
Do not take medication against diarrhea without prescription or if you have not previously advised the doctor. Your body is trying to discard bacteria and it is better to leave the body alone to fight.
Consume a lot of fluids. In terms of food, eat rice, banana and toast.
When should I seek help?
- If you have diarrhea with a temperature higher than 38.5 degrees
- If you feel dizzy and thirsty
- If you have diarrhea for more than 4 days
Seek immediate emergency assistance if:
- You have blood in the stool
- If you feel strong heartbeat
- If you are ill due to consumption of shellfish, mushrooms or canned food – toxins from these foods can have serious consequences.