Hypothyroidism is quite dangerous disease which is often manifested by weight loss or weight gain. Supplying the thyroid with the nutrients it needs for proper function is the best way to fight off this disease and the juice presented in this article is an amazing way to do it.
It is a well-known fact that thyroid hormones regulate many of the body`s processes, such as the metabolism of carbohydrates and fat, body temperature, brain development, menstrual cycle, nervous system, respiration, and many more.
Hypothyroidism is a condition when the thyroid doesn’t produce sufficient amount of this hormone while hyperthyroidism is the opposite, meaning that the thyroid gland produces too much of it.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include dry skin, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, and weight gain while the symptoms of hyperthyroidism include diarrhea, palpitations, high blood pressure, and weight loss.
As mentioned in the very beginning, reducing or increasing the work of thyroid`s function and maintaining it healthy is possible, and this recipe is one of the best way to achieve that.
- 7 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- ¾ tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tablespoon freshly squeezed juice of lemon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon dry ginger
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon from Ceylon
Heat the water until it reaches a boiling point and then add the spices and the cranberry juice. Simmer for about twenty minutes and remove from the stove afterwards. Allow it to cool off and then add the lemon and orange juice. Consume the mixture during the day.
Blueberries: They are high in iodine which is one of the key factors when it comes to the production of thyroid hormones.
Orange/ Lemon Juice: Excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants which promote thyroid function.
Ginger: It is abundant in magnesium which keeps thyroid function in check.
Cinnamon: It lowers the risk of hypothyroidism by reducing inflammation.
- Consume fish and shellfish at least four times weekly because they are an excellent source of iodine. Iodized salt and seaweed are also recommended.
- Be extra cautious when eating cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, as they contain compounds which slow down the thyroid`s activity. The process of cooking destroys them, meaning that you should eat them cooked.
- It has been scientifically shown that toxicant snuff affects the thyroid function and the concentration of thyroid hormone in the system.
- Avoid non-stick pans as they have been associated with a chemical with can cause thyroid disorders. Even though this fact is not backed up by science, use these pans with caution.
Source : www.healthylifemaster.com