Every day, the lifespan of our phones is reduced without us realizing it, although this is partly due to the way we use them. This finally pushes us to ask ourselves the following question: “Is it possible to charge the phone several times a day without it being able to impact it?” This is what we will discover in the following lines.
If you’ve ever wondered what would happen by regularly charging your phone 3-4 times a day, here’s the beginning of an answer.
What happens if you charge your phone 3-4 times a day?
At the risk of surprising you, the answer is: nothing. On the contrary, perform several Short charging sessions would be advised to extend the life of lithium-ion batteries.
In addition, these batteries are not affected by frequent connection and disconnection of the charger cable. Thus, it is possible to charge your smartphone as often as you want during the day. So this practice shouldn’t worry you more than that.
Just keep in mind, don’t wait until the battery is 100% charged to unplug it. This is therefore an opportunity to recall the famous rule of 20% and 80%, which consists of maintaining the charge of your device between these two percentage rates. So to make optimal use of your phone, do not wait until the battery shows less than 20% to charge it and on the other hand, do not let it exceed 80% charge. This will extend its lifespan.
What actions to improve the battery life of your phone?
To improve the battery life of your smartphone, you can apply these tips:
Reduce screen brightness
Maximum brightness is rarely needed unless you are outside and the weather is sunny. In addition, it is advisable to reduce the brightness of the screen in order to significantly extend the life of your battery.
You can also explore your phone’s settings by turning on the “adaptive brightness” feature.
Reduce wait time before your phone goes to sleep
When you forget to put your phone to sleep by putting it back in your pocket, sometimes it happens that accidentally pressing keys while walking, which will lead to unnecessary energy consumption.
To prevent this from happening, you can reduce the wait time before the screen goes to sleep. To do this, go to “Settings” then “Screen” or “Display” then “Screen sleep”. You will then have the choice between 10 minutes and 15 seconds, choose the latter.
Adjust settings for energy-intensive applications
Several applications on your phone remain operational even when you are not using them, especially when you receive notifications about them and this ultimately impacts the battery of your smartphone.
To avoid this, go to the phone’s settings and then Choose which ones you want to turn off background activity.
Use power saving mode
Power saving mode is a handy feature that automatically reduces screen resolution, brightness, processor speed as well as background network usage. This is especially useful, if you can’t charge your phone anytime soon. See you in the battery settings, to enable power saving mode.
On some phone models, There is also a function that activates maximum energy saving and that should give you an estimate of how long battery life will last.
Anyway, if the maintenance of the battery of your TVPhone remains essential, we will also remember that charging your phone frequently during the day will not impact the device.
See also The phone’s battery runs out quickly because of these two common mistakes