by admin · March 7, 2015
Many of us like the taste of ginger. It is used in sauces, soups, marinades, main dishes, and even some desserts, as a spice and natural food preservative. It is especially popular in Asian and European cuisine. Traditional Chinese medicine is using ginger almost 2000 years as a remedy for many health problems. The health benefits of ginger, for which you certainly didn’t know:
- Maintains normal blood circulation. The ginger contains magnesium, zinc and chromium that improves blood flow in the body, and is also useful for reducing the fever and excessive sweating.
- Improves absorption. Ginger improves the absorption of essential nutrients in the body by stimulating the secretion of stomach and pancreatic enzymes.
- Prevents the occurrence of colds and flu. Thousands of years in the region of Asia, ginger is used as a natural treatment for colds and flu. Its healing abilities have been confirmed by the Department of Medicine at the University of Maryland, who recommended drinking ginger tea in the treatment of colds and flu in adults.
- It improves digestion. For proper digestion, eat ginger. It enhances the absorption and reduces stomach cramps. It is characteristic that ginger reduces inflammation, with similar effect as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Prevents colon cancer. In a study at the University of Minnesota it was found that ginger may slow the growth of cancer cells from the colon.
- Reduces pain and inflammation. Thanks to the anti – inflammatory properties, ginger reduces pain naturally.
- It strengthens the immune system. Ginger helps to improve the immune system. Regular consumption of ginger reduces the risk of stroke, abdominal bacterial infections, and is very useful for sore throat and cough.
Source : www.diyncrafts.com