by admin · April 16, 2016
Bob Marley (February 6th 1945- May 11th 1981) was reggae musician born in Jamaica who became inspiration about many artists around the world. Its real name was Nesta Robert Marley. His career started in 1963 with the Wailers, where he became famous due to his singing and composing style. When the Wailers disintegrated in 1974, Marley started with his solo career which culminated with his album “Exodus” in 1977, which made him famous globally. This album has been sold in more than 75 millions records, making him one of the best musicians in the world.
When he was arrested for marijuana possession, the singer was locked up in jail for one month. During this time he made many friends in the prison. These prisoners motivated him to write political songs.
These are some of his most inspirational quotes:
- One thing is good about music: when it hits you, you don’t feel pain.
- Some people feel the rain: other just remain wet.
- No one else but ourselves can free our minds.
- One love, one heart, one destiny.
- The truth is that everyone will hurt you. You just need to find the ones that are worth the suffering.
- Love your life, live the life you love.
- You may not be her first, last or only. She loved before and maybe will love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She is not perfect – not even you, both of you may never be perfect, but if she makes you laugh, makes you think twice, and admit that you are a man and you are wrong, stay by her side and give her everything from the bottom of your heart. Maybe she will not think of you every second through the day, but she will give you a part of her that you can brake – her heart. Therefore, don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze her and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when makes you angry, and miss her when she is not with you.
- If she is wonderful, she will not be easy. If she is easy, she will not be wonderful. If she is worth, you will not give up on her. If you give up, then you are not worth…
- Don’t conquer the world at the expense of your soul. The wisdom is better than the gold and silver.
- It is better to die for freedom than being a prisoner every day in your life.
- I’m not on the side of a black man, I’m not on a side of white man, I’m on the side of God.
- When one door is closed, many others are open.
- You have to be someone…wake up and live.
- You can lie to some people for some time, but you cannot lie to them all the time.