by admin · January 28, 2015
Garlic helps reduce the inflammation in the respiratory system as well as mucus build – up in the nasal passages. So, if you snore due to sinus blockage, garlic can give you relief.
- Chew on 1 to 2 raw garlic cloves and then immediately drink a glass of water. Do this every day, preferably before going to bed to enjoy sound sleep and reduce snoring.
- Also eat your food while it is hot and use garlic while cooking your dinner.
Another option for snorers is honey. Honey can reduce the swelling around the throat area that can obstruct airways, due to its anti – inflammatory properties. Plus, honey lubricates the throat, which prevents the snoring vibrations from occurring.
- In a glass of warm water, mix one tablespoon of honey and drink it before bedtime. Do it every day.
- Alternatively, you can use honey to sweeten herbal tea that you like to drink after your dinner.
Chamomile can help stop snoring due to its well – known anti – inflammatory effects. It is also a muscle and nerve relaxant that can help you sleep better and ease tense nerves and muscles around the throat.
- In a cup of water add one tablespoon of chamomile flowers (or one chamomile tea bag).
- Boil it for about 15 minutes.
- After it’s boiled, strain it and add one teaspoon of honey.
- Drink the warm tea before going to sleep.
Some additional tips that can help stop snoring include:
- Cut down or quit on smoking as it can irritate the lining of the nasal cavity and throat, causing ultimately snoring and swelling.
- Raise the head of your bed by about four inches or use extra pillows to prevent the tissues in your throat from falling into your air passages.
- Try singing before going to bed. Singing helps improve muscle control of the soft palate and upper throat.
- If you’re overweight, lose weight. People who are overweight have extra tissues in the throat that contribute to snoring.
- Sleep on your side rather than your back. When you sleep on your back, your tongue and soft palate rest against the back of your throat, blocking the airway and resulting in snoring.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages at least two hours before bedtime. Alcohol can depress your central nervous system, causing snoring.
- To help you breathe easily as you sleep use nasal strips.
You’ll be able to eliminate or reduce snoring and get a good night’s sleep, by incorporating these preventive measures along with any of the remedies above.
Source : www.top10homeremedies.com